Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Siddhartha

Author: Hermann Hesse

ISBN13: 9789380005607
Edition language: English
Literary awards: None

My Rating: 3/5

I would not deny the fact that this fiction has wisdom in it but seriously it could not grab my heart. In one line this book is about a boy named Siddhartha who ultimately finds nirvana (or what ever it is) at the end. Thus there is the hero, a Brahman boy, going after a courtesan in search of love, then falling into that kind of a life style and regretting after a long time. Learning from a ferryman about life.... blah blah... seriously speaking there is nothing new that any movie these days does not talk about.


This book was written long back, very long back and seriously back then I am sure this kind of a story might have inspired generations of people, but at this age and time all what is written in this book is totally cliche. I know that lot of people love this book. So please if anyone else has different opinions please enlighten me as I might have missed out something that you probably loved about this book. My opinion is just this: the story in this book has been told in numerous other ways in books/movies. Thus this book really did bore me.

No comments:

Post a Comment